The following terms and conditions are set out to help all parties be aware of and clear about the services provided for their wedding day and the responsibilities of all parties involved.
- A non-refundable deposit of £150 is required to secure a booking.
- Full payment of the remaining balance is required 30 days before the wedding date.
- All cancellations must be in writing via an email or letter.
- Should, for whatever reason, you have to cancel the booking the following charges will be applicable:
– more than 60 days before the wedding date the balance will not be chargeable and the non-refundable deposit retained.
– less than 60 days before the wedding date the full balance is chargeable and the non-refundable deposit retained.
- Should, for whatever reason, we need to cancel there will be a full refund of all monies paid which is the limit of any liability on the part of Maq Films.
- It is your responsibility to obtain any permissions, licences and pay any fees to any venues/locations or entertainers/musicians performing, where filming will take place (if applicable).
- Unless you advise us otherwise, we will assume all persons attending the wedding have consented to being filmed.
- We respect the wishes and regulations of anyone officiating at the wedding ceremony which may limit where we position cameras and other equipment. There may be other restrictions such as a limit to movement around the venue or certain parts of the ceremony which we are not allowed to film.
- We make every effort to produce a quality film and ensure all our equipment is of the highest quality and regularly maintained. However, we cannot be held responsible for any lighting, sound or interference issues caused by circumstances outside our control. This includes camera/equipment failure, adverse lighting, noise issues and restrictions imposed by venues.
- We use our professional expertise and discretion to ensure that significant parts of the day are recorded. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to record every aspect of the day as filming takes place ‘live’. We retain artistic licence.
- We make every effort to arrive at locations on time but we cannot be held responsible for lateness or non-attendance caused by circumstances outside our control such as traffic delays, severe weather conditions, unforeseen illness/incapacity, accident, technical, camera or equipment failure. In such circumstances we will contact you as soon as possible to discuss alternative arrangements.
- We aim to be as discreet as possible during the day and work alongside the official photographer. We follow the events of the day as they happen and therefore, are not in control of the setting. We may be unable to take footage if the official photographer is not willing to allow filming when they are working.
- We do not usually film during the wedding breakfast and whilst we will not join the reception guests we would ask that refreshments are provided for the videographer/s during this time. In this way we can remain on site.
- Whilst we aim to film as much as possible during the day, we cannot guarantee a minimum amount of footage that will be taken on the day or a minimum length for a couple’s film, this is due to the ‘live-event’ nature of the day and the unique structure of each individual wedding.
- Parking is a necessity due to having heavy equipment bags – please alert us if your venue does not have free parking on site.
- Unless stated during the time of booking, in the event of your wedding running late Maq Films will not be able to stay beyond 9pm without further compensation to the value of £100 per hour.
Health and Safety
- We will work with Health and Safety issues in mind and reserve the right not to film in dangerous or unsafe situations.
- If there is any particular music you would like to be included in your film please let us know before your wedding day. We will advise you if there are any particular issues with your choice. If no specific music is requested we will choose appropriate music.
- We aim to have a copy of the final film available for you within 90 days of your wedding day. However, this is only a guide as a quality product is important for both us and you.
- You must notify us in writing (email or letter) within 7 days of receipt of the final DVD/ USB of any faults or playback issues and we will make every reasonable attempt to resolve them. Should we not hear from you within 7 days we will assume you are happy with the DVD/USB.
- All editing decisions are to the videographer’s discretion. We advise couples to watch examples of our work online at www.maq-films.com to familiarise themselves with our style of work. We will of course do our utmost to include suggestions and ideas from couples, providing these are made in writing (letter or email) and before the wedding day, however, we cannot guarantee that they will be included.
- Maq Films retains the copyright to all material recorded on the day and reserve the right to show a highlights montage on the Maq Films website, social media or at wedding shows.
- All other re-edits or any additional changes will be charged at the rate of £75.00 per hour of editing time.
- In the unlikely event of complete equipment failure or other circumstances outside our control which means we are unable to film your wedding you will receive a full refund. We will not be liable for any further damages.